Have a look at some of our Needs. See where your support can help us best.
OUR TOP NEEDS
- CASH to cover monthly R25,000 shortfall
- INVERTERS Electricity backup system during power outages
- CONTAINER FOR STORAGE. Secure storage is required for, amongst others, our garden implements and garden furniture. The existing Wendy House is falling apart with leakages and an infestation of rodents. This is our main storage for books to which extensive damage has occurred.
- WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TOILET (Tea Garden)
- FURNITURE for Tea Garden
- SLIDING DOOR. Block out noises from kitchen and provide privacy for meetings/training/ functions in main lounge
- BRAAI for Tea Garden
- FIRE DETECTION AND ALARM SYSTEM
- NURSECALL Bell System
- TOOLS – Toolbox; Hacksaw-blades; Pliers; Wire Cutters; Screwdriver Set; Shifting spanner; Vice grip; Insulation Tape; Drill + drill bits
- Carport covers
- Fire escape safety signs
- Cutlery / Crockery
- 2 Microwave ovens – 1 Small & 1 Large
- CRATES to transport Woolworths foods
PROJECTS & GENERAL
- CRATES to transport hiring goods
Replenish/Increase catering items for hire
- BEDS & MATTRESSES for Our Staff Quarters. Six beds
- BAR FRIDGE for 1 guest room
- OFFICE APPLIANCES/SUPPLIES Upgrade of desktop computer, printing paper, laptop, laminating paper
- Replace AIR CONDITIONERS. This is a necessity in particular for our quadriplegics who have challenges with regulating their body temperature. At present all bedrooms have air conditioning which needs a major service or replacement. The lounge area requires air conditioning and this would be great for gatherings, meetings and socialising. Residents all resort to their rooms during extreme conditions and often miss the opportunity to socialise in air conditioned comfort. Staff quarters need to be included as well
- Side Covers for Our Outside Braai Area (Rollup Type)
- Surround Sound System in Lounge
We are always in need of voluntary drivers, for our two busses (PDP Required).
One of the most amazing gifts one can give is your time; we are in need of helping hands to assist us with different projects e.g.: Painting, fixing things, changing a light bulb, and many other small things that we can’t do ourselves.