As a NPO and PBO the centre relies on donations but we also try our utmost to generate funds by different means of fundraising.
The centre, over the years, hosted many functions so the residents decided to purchase crockery and cutlery as opposed to continually hiring supplies which the centre could not afford. Out of this the idea came about for a sustainable small business, so one of the residents took it upon himself to gradually increase the amount stock the centre had. In 2010 the Hiring Supplies was rolled out to the pubic and has slowly but steadily grown over the years. We currently hire out tables, chairs, linen, crockery and cutlery.
The centre can now cater for a function of up to 200 people. Thus far the knowledge of the centre’s Hiring Supplies has only been spread by word-of-mouth so business has been steady but unfortunately not enough to grow the amount of stock or to lessen the severe financial strain the Centre endures.
However, the income generated from this small business provides much needed relief from rising costs of everything required to survive from day to day.
To be able to hire our goods you need:
• A 3rd of the total amount as deposit
• To ensure availability place your order, at least, a month ahead of time.
We have a few basic rules that has to be agreed upon:
• We do offer a delivery service and the fee is calculated depending on the distance or area.
• In most cases the clients collect and drop the goods themselves.
• All the goods must be clean upon return or the client will be subject to a fine.
• The client is liable for the loss of goods and breakages.
• All goods are subject to availability
• The goods must be returned by noon at the latest the day after collection or the client will subject to a fine.
The centre is currently the only available source of Hiring Supplies in the Durbanville area but despite this our prices are very reasonable. A price list is available for download via the link below.